Software Engineer II
GameSim is looking for a passionate Software Engineer II to design, develop and install software solutions. Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer II will be responsible for developing prototype applications, designing and implementing new features, as well as improving and maintaining existing code. A Software Engineer II should be able to design new features, implement them within schedule, and fix bugs with minimal weekly direction from their team lead.
We are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time.
- Actively participate in a team working on a project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Coordinate with other groups including art and production to achieve project objectives
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties
- Writes technical design specifications
- Create and maintain modular interface components
- Profiles and optimizes software components
- BS in Computer Science or Game Development plus 2-5 years of experience as a software engineer working on customer-facing products
- Proficiency with the C/C++ programming language (3+ yrs. experience)
- Experience in network programming including RPC, Client/Server, and Web Technologies preferred (HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Working experience with Unity, Unreal Engine 4
- Self-motivated and strong work ethics
- Must be very detail oriented and can quickly identify technical risks and missing aspects of a technical design and does not overlook small details
- Must be able to design, test and debug own code without assistance from other Software Engineers
- Should demonstrate ownership in task and problem solving and follow all responsibilities through to completion
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others throughout the company
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Review, test, debug and extend other Software Engineer’s code competently
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Opportunity to work on different IP
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Sick Leave
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!
GameSim products and services target the needs of the entertainment, modeling & simulation, and geospatial industries. GameSim engineers, designers, and artists maintain a customer-centric focus throughout the entire project lifecycle. Within the video game industry, GameSim provides full game development services to publishers or works as a co-developer for other studios. Within the modeling & simulation industry, GameSim primes contracts with the government, as well as subcontracting to partner companies. Finally, for the geospatial industry, GameSim develops visualizations and simulations for civil engineering, urban planning, situational awareness, and intelligence applications. GameSim’s geospatial terrain tool, Conform, is the fastest product on the market for importing and fusing geospatial datasets to produce high-quality visualizations of synthetic environments, which is used in each of GameSim’s targeted industries.
GameSim Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.